- Reports to the Golf Superintendent
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Assistant Golf Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The Assistant Golf Superintendent may serve in the Golf Superintendent’s capacity during his absence.
- Requires working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Requires ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports; and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
- MBO level, agriculture
- Requires valid driver’s license.
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- Team player
- Pride in workmanship
- 40 hour workweek and early starting time
- Weekend and Holiday work required
If you are interested, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com